Thursday 20 August 2009

I've Arrived

I have arrived, and am beginning to feel my way around this town. Ofcourse, my main worry, besides how to use the Aga (I don't seem to be able to get the timings right), is what is the correct footwear. My gorgeous Emma Hope slip ons will just get ruined, if not by mud, then by dust, and that goes for all my beautiful flats and loafers, so I have been wearing converse as I don't care if they get ruined and when it's been wet, I have my Dubarry boots, which I spied several girls wearing at the horse show we went to on Saturday, so I know I've got that right.
There is a huge difference here with regard to attitude on clothes/fashion - as far as I can tell, the women/girls appear to be indifferent to clothes, however, I can definitely sense a real element of a certain style, certain unspoken rules, and it is not something that is discussed.
I shall be investigating further, once kids are back at school I will have much more time to spend on myself. www.dubarry.com

1 comment:

Metropolitan Mum said...

Funny, we thought about moving out to the countryside recently, too. Apart from the little problem of not exactly knowing where to, there are the uncounted and unanswered questions of Agas, footwear, how to entertain oneself, where to shop, etc...

Love your blog! I'll be following closely :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails